Take a course with me for FREE

Handmade Skin Care for Beginners: 7 Easy All-Natural Recipes You Can Make Right Now


Sign up to get the lessons sent to your inbox
* indicates required
By signing up you'll also receive my weekly newsletter—awesome herbal skin care recipes and mini-classes, no spam ever. Read my privacy policy.

Day 154: Vanilla Chai Soap

I love chai. I love the way it tastes, I love the way it makes the whole house smell spicy and delicious.

Chai soap smells just as good.

For some time I have been wanting to make up a batch of yummy vanilla chai soap, but time restraints and other responsibilities kept me from pulling out my soap pot. But this morning, I was in Gilroy today teaching a soap-making class with a great group of ladies, and I couldn't resist at least making up one tiny bar just for myself.

It's a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy, just the way we love our chai. And it feels so good on the skin, especially on a chilly morning.

Vanilla Chai Soap
1 lb. goat's milk soap base
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
contents 2 vanilla chai teabags
20 drops ginger essential oil
20 drops clove essential oil
1/4 teaspoon chai tea fragrance oil, vanilla fragrance oil, or similar

Cut soap base into chunks, place in pot or double boiler and melt over low heat. When completely melted, remove from heat. Stir in spices and contents of tea bags. Stir in fragrance. Pour immediately into soap mold. Let set 12 hours. Unmold, slice into bars, and enjoy.

Comments

Ready to take your skin care crafting to the next level?

Take an online course with me and grow your skills as a DIY skin care crafter.

Start with my FREE e-course to learn how to make all-natural DIY skin care with simple kitchen ingredients.

* indicates required
If you're a Boise local, take an in-person class with me and get hands-on instruction. Visit the Private Workshops and Parties page for more info.